Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Let's Welcome Fall, Y'all!

Hi folks! This summer has flown by and now Fall is sneaking in upon us. Have you noticed the light has changed? This is my favorite time of the year, and it's all too fleeting in my opinion. The leaf colors are glorious, the air is (usually) crisp, and even the blue sky seems more vivid.

Even on an overcast day, Nature paints with saturated colors. This is an October view of our pasture, taken in 2011.
 I've been so immersed in the triptych project the past few weeks (more on that soon) I've barely had time to glance at the calendar. But I did manage to do just a wee bit -- 15 minutes worth -- of fall decorating the other day before heading out to the studio. The summer wreath on the front door was swapped out for the autumn version, I put a leaf garland on the decorative metal obelisk just outside the door, and strung another leaf garland across the fireplace mantel. Done! Now, bring on the cool weather. I'm ready for it!

Text and image ©2015 Lynn Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment