Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Follow Up to Yesterday's Color Rut Post

In yesterday's post about a simple exercise for getting out of a color rut, I mention having created two small paintings in a color palette I don't ordinarily use. Those colors were alizarin crimson, Payne's grey and Titan Buff. As promised, here's a photo of the 8x8 inch piece. I plan to mount it on a 10x10 white cradled wood panel, and will be offering it for sale in a few days through my web site and in my Daily Paintworks gallery.

©2015 Lynn Edwards
As you can see, this painting which is as yet untitled, reveals considerably more Payne's grey and  alizarin crimson. I'm really warming to these colors, so I may do a much larger piece in this combo in the near future.

Meanwhile, I'd welcome your help on coming up with a title for the painting above. Do you have any suggestions? If so, please share your thoughts!

©2015 Lynn Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment