Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Storage Solution for Small Leftover Paper Scraps

The smaller your paper scraps are, the harder it is to store them. They accumulate quickly; tossing them haphazardly into a box makes it nearly impossible to find a specific paper easily later on.

Here's the strategy that works for me: I now store leftover remnants from each collage, mixed media piece, or other project that I do in a single zip top food storage bag. (Every grocery store in America sells these bags in a number of sizes.)

I just grab a bag in the appropriate size and put all my scraps from that one project into it.

You'll notice each bag will tend to have a predominant color. If you group your collage papers by color, as I do, you'll find this makes assigning the bags to the right box or bin quite easy. Bagged, those pesky scraps are so much easier to handle and sort through. The next time you need a scrap from a particular project, or in a specific color, you'll be able to find what you need in just minutes.

©2016 Lynn Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment