Friday, November 25, 2016

My Doodling Addiction

It was bound to happen. "Doodling" has become an addiction. It all started innocently enough: a few years ago, my friend Dinah introduced me to Zentangles -- doodles rendered in black ink, created within a border of a specified size. It was fun to do and quite relaxing. The only materials required were a pen and small pad of paper. These simple items can travel almost anywhere, making doodling ideal for anyone on the go.

Pretty soon I had more doodles than I knew what to do with. That was when the lightbulb went off in my head. Why not use some as borders on accent mirrors?



I love black and white, but colors truly make my heart sing. So I broke out my collection of ultra fine tip Sharpies and took my doodling obsession to the next level. In addition to the mirrors, I began turning my color doodles into jewelry:




What's next? Lamps? Table tops? Or....??? I really don't know at this point, but one thing I am sure of: this is an addiction that's all good!

Text and images ©2016 Lynn Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment