Friday, April 26, 2019

Posies, Pendants and Procrastination

What a great turnout we had for the Studio and Garden Tour! Many thanks to all who participated, visitors and volunteers alike. The weather was perfect, the art superb and the flowers were glorious. I'd love to see another such tour take place next year, and expand it to include even more locations.

Have been busier than ever since the tour weekend expanding my mosaic pendant line. It's now up to 45 or more one of a kind pieces. Here's one of the latest, hot off my worktable. I've started including semi-precious stones in many of the designs; this one features peridot chips and dichroic glass. See more in my Etsy shop or on my web site, www.lynnedwardsart.com.

"Sweet Autumn" pendant
Besides the jewelry I'm working on small paintings and other items for an event I'm doing in December. I'm determined to get this done now so I'm not caught in a last minute rush.

After several years of occupancy, I'm finally decluttering my studio to better accommodate the work I'm doing now. Much of the challenge is dealing with stuff I've collected thinking I had a use for it. Maybe I did "back when," but now it just takes up valuable floor space. Do I really need a big storage tub full of used bubble wrap and brown kraft paper? What was I thinking??

So now it's back to work...! Have a great weekend, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment