Monday, April 20, 2015

An Update on the Updates: Anybody Got an Aspirin?

Well finally my website, http://www.lynnedwardsart.com is updated. Somewhat. It was like pulling teeth until I finally got the hang of navigating through Artspan's redesigned format. I did manage to add a shopping cart (yay!) but still can't figure out how to remove watermarks from previously uploaded pieces so I can offer prints on demand. I'll just have to tackle it in small doses or I'll go crazy. What I need is a grandkid.

Where, oh where is my gadget??


Next I tried adding the Daily Paintworks gadget to this blog. When I added the Etsy Mini gadget several months ago I found that process to be fairly easy. Not so when I tried uploading DPW. I went through the step by step at least 25 times with no luck. The popup window containing the HTML/Javascript icon I needed wouldn't pop up. At 1:15 in the morning I posted a request for help on Blogger's Help Forum. A very nice person promptly responded with a couple of suggestions as to the cause of the problem. I called in a rather sleepy Hubs to help me figure out how to implement their advice. He sat down at the keyboard and in two keystrokes the DPW gadget showed up on my sidebar. Seems I had so many tabs open the popup window was hiding behind them. Stuff like this could drive me to drink.

Just shoot me!


There's lots of new work still waiting to be uploaded to the website, my Daily Paintworks gallery and Etsy shop -- at least 17 paintings and mixed media collages. I can easily scan the smaller pieces but need to photograph anything larger than 8 1/2 x 11 inches. So my next task will be creating a place somewhere in the house or studio where I can do photo shoots. I used to take my work to a photographer in Atlanta but with this many to do at once the cost would be prohibitive. I'll just have to put on my best DIY pants and pretend I'm Richard Avedon. Will let you know how that goes.

It's so easy even a child...well, you know the rest


Then it will be taking on Facebook. I do have a FB page but need to learn how to use it. If you're one of the people who has been trying to friend me or share stuff with me on FB, please don't take it personally that I haven't responded. I just don't know what I'm doing yet, so I'm doing almost nothing until I can educate myself. I don't even have my photo on there. Yes, I know even kids use FB. I told you I was a Luddite!

Anyway, I hope you'll check out the changes on the website and visit my new DPW gallery, too. Please let me know if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions for improvement. I welcome your feedback and am grateful for it.

©2015 Lynn Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment