Wednesday, December 14, 2016

An Exceptionally Exciting Day

Some days are better than others, and yesterday was exceptional. It started with a voice message from someone who had asked me to make a necklace to wear with a pendant she already had. The piece I created for her was a single strand of beads that included both small glass beads in a variety of shapes as well as tiny "pearl" beads. The pendant was to be the star of the show, so I kept the necklace fairly simple so asto compliment it rather than compete with it.

When she received it, she was thrilled, and yesterday she left me the sweetest message on my voice mail praising both me and the necklace to the skies. Now, there's nothing more gratifying to an artist than to be showered with praise from a delighted buyer. It's music to our ears, and we never, ever tire of it. So her message left me feeling mighty uplifted and happy to know that my efforts had touched someone in such a positive way.

And THEN, just a short while later, I received an email from Artspan, my web site host, informing me that they had chosen one of my paintings to be featured in an online collection on their web site! The painting, titled "Impassioned," is showcased in the collection called "All Aflame."

"Impassioned," 10x10" acrylic on paper       ©2016 Lynn Edwards
This is the second time Artspan has selected my work for inclusion in one of their collections. Earlier, two of my paintings had appeared in "Tangled Up in Blue." From thousands of works they could select from, that they've chosen mine once again is such an honor! Both collections can be viewed here. 

Yes, some days certainly are better than others!

Text and images ©2016 Lynn Edwards

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Lynn! It's days like this that make those long days in the studio worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete