Friday, March 14, 2014

Coming Soon: A New Style of Handmade Bead

All week I've been focused on making beads. For the last month or two I've been developing bead designs that go beyond the familiar rolled paper style. Last weekend, from out of the blue, I got an idea for a bead design I could hardly wait to try. I've now made several prototypes and I love the results.

These little gems have drawn oohs and ahhs and "Wow's!" from the handful of people I've shown them to so far. Of course this doesn't mean they're going to be a universal hit in all corners of the galaxy, but I'm very encouraged by other people's reactions to them.

Today was spent designing and stringing a choker-type necklace using one of the prototypes as the focal piece. I kept the overall design very simple because I wanted the bead to be the star. The choker, along with matching earrings, turned out even better than I had envisioned. Unfortunately I didn't have time to photograph them but will try to do this tomorrow so I can share pictures with you in my next post. Until then, all the best, and happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment